Today i experimented with cooking. I made a cake. here is the recipe:
Eirene's Cup Cake
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 tsp baking powder
I preheated the oven to 350 degrees F, mixed all the ingredients in one medium sized bowl. Then, I poured it into a 8x8 pan,. and baked it for 20 min, til it was golden brown.
How did it turn out? Well, at first, I thought the cake was uncooked, because there was melted butter on the bottom of the pan and the batter was a bit gooey. It more like a pudding than a cake. It was very good, though, I can tell you that!
However, if you want to make the cake, I would suggest some minor changes:
- Only put in 1/4 cup butter, instead of 1 whole cup
- Or, if you want some lemon flavor, put in 1 tsp lemon juice
- And you should probably add 1 more egg. Also, beat the eggs before you put them in. I didn't do this.
If you want to make it a bit healthy, instead of putting in white flour, put in wheat flour.
I hope you enjoy it! MY family did. My sister says she wants me to make this for her next birthday with the whole cup of butter, though. She LOVES butter. I think she should even just have a butter birthday, she loves butter so much!
Let me know if you make it, and if you like it.
Eirene
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmm... Sounds tasty!
Funny that your sister loves butter so much. I remember her slathering butter all over stuff when I ate with you guys!
Post a Comment